The holidays are over, happy times were had (hopefully!), and dreary old RL and its obligations once more plot to get in the way of fun game development! Will try to make this more brief than the last mega post.
New stable build
- Best performing, most stable, and awesomely beautiful world yet! @begla has started quietly working on rendering tweaks and it shows. Try "Epic" with water reflection on, or if you had issues running the game with decent performance in the past see how it runs now
- Two new world types - @Esereja introduced "Multi" as a variant Perlin style focusing more on natural smooth curves and @Nym Traveel got a heightmap-based generator working off an exported map from PlaTec done by @Laurimann. Sweet!
- New modules: Fences and funny blocks by @A'nW + "dynamic blocks" by @pencilcheck with a locomotive / boat block of sorts + more light-giving blocks by @Esereja
- Chunk & block data storage improvements by @Panserbjoern - store more with less, woo!
Going to stop here for once, getting really late, got to go to work tomorrow! It'll be an exciting year and I'm personally committing to organizing myself better to get more stuff done faster - even if I mostly just end up doing paperwork and behind-the-scenes logistics
- MULTIPLAYER WOO. Okay, so it is still pretty early, but @Immortius is making solid progress
- OUYA CONTEST WOO. Okay, so we're not getting Terasology on Android in 10 days, but maybe we can make something cutesy that's small and independent
- Two videos coming soon - crafting system intro by @Adeon and a block shape making tutorial by @A'nW
- More blocks from @metouto with a focus on plants
- New style "block preview" rendering by @pencilcheck probably eventually as a GUI element for previewing blueprints, viewing stuff remotely, and what not. Goes well with the PAG system by @Skaldarnar
- Did somebody say OUYA (and Android)? Oh, ya, I probably mentioned it a time or two. No promises, but neat potential!
- Nice new update on world generation by @Nym Traveel & friends
- More possible movement on the organic growth simulator in particular on the timing system side of thing with some interest from @ahoehma
- Spiffy possible shirt art pieces by @SuperSnark
- And last but not least (though I'm sure I'm missing something) some interesting technical updates from @Chrisk on his crazy ambiance plans along with some new gorgeous music pieces